AutoGrid is the winner of the 2019 Innovation Award for the Best Industry Smart Grid Project in India from the India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF).
The award was received at the India Smart Utility Week conference, which is hosted annually by the ISGF to present the groundbreaking projects in smart grids and smart cities.
India Smart Utility Week hosts over 250 speakers from more than forty countries and over 2,000 business delegates.
The transformational benefits of the smart grid
Reji Kumar Pillai, president of ISGF, commented:”AutoGrid’s innovative DSM solutions, deployed across all key consumer segments in their Andhra Pradesh project, illustrate how technology can bring transformational benefits to several sectors of the economy and citizens. This project serves as a model of how utilities across India and in other developing regions can leverage IoT, artificial intelligence and big data analytics at scale to cut opex and capex, save energy, reduce critical groundwater depletion, enhance agricultural sector efficiency and improve the lives of citizens.”
The projects are expected to make large savings due to the following benefits:
- Peak load shaving to reduce capital expenses;
- Time-of-use implementation to make use of off-peak hours cheaper power;
- Soil-moisture/water-level sensor-based pump-set operation to reduce energy and water used for agriculture;
- Air conditioning system cycling for energy efficiency and peak load shaving; and
- Renewable integration for cost-effective solar and wind power supply. This is done without impacting the reliability or service quality.
AutoGrid builds software applications for smarter energy distribution. Their flexibility management applications enable the following providers to deliver clean, affordable and reliable energy in real time and to a large scale:
- Electricity retailers;
- Renewable energy project developers; and
- Energy service providers.
Dr. Amit Narayan, founder and chief executive officer of AutoGrid, said: “It is an honor to receive this prestigious award from ISGF. We are delighted to be working in India and using our technology to drive the digital transformation that will shape the new energy future.”